Message sent from:

Special Educational Needs Information

The school has a statutory obligation to inform parents of how it meets the needs of our SEND pupils.  Please read the information above and make an appointment with the Headteacher or SENCO if you wish to discuss your child's needs.

Where can I go for help?

Many of us have times in our lives when we may require a helping hand. Sometimes, this is for the long-term and sometimes, for the short-term. There are many agencies that offer help and that parents can access themselves or through school. We hope that you find the following links useful. Please do not hesitate to come and speak to a member of staff is you need further help for your child or your family.

East Sussex Local Offer

The Government asks that all local authorities (in our case, East Sussex County Council) provide information as clearly as possible so that parents, carers, children and young people can make informed decisions.

The East Sussex Local Offer consists of an information site which outlines how different SEND processes work and what support is available for children and young people with SEND, and their families. It also includes a SEND-specific directory listing local and online services, which you can use on East Sussex 1Space.

Visit the East Sussex Local Offer website at: https://localoffer.eastsussex.gov.uk/ 


Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Services


If you are a child or young person with a special educational need or a disability (SEND), or the parent of a child or young person with SEND, you can contact the Amaze SENDIASS advice line for information and advice.

Advice Line: 01273 772289

Visit the SENDIASS website at: https://amazesussex.org.uk/parent-carers/services-andsupport/sendiass-advice-line/

CITES- Community Integrated Therapies and Equipment

CITES are a 100-strong team of qualified occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, assistants and administrators who provide non-acute therapy to children and young people living in East Sussex.

Visit CITES at: https://www.eastsussexchildren.nhs.uk/about/childrens-integratedtherapy-services/

East Sussex Wheelchair Service

East Sussex Wheelchair Service provides assessments for adults and children with mobility and postural problems. They supply manual and electric powered wheelchairs, buggies, pressure relieving cushions and accessories such as backrests, foot rests and arm rests for wheelchairs.

Visit the East Sussex Wheelchair Service at: https://millbrookhealthcare.co.uk/pages/east-sussex-wcs

East Sussex Customer Service for Children's Services

Communication, Learning, Autism Support Service +

CLASS+ works across East Sussex to support families/carers of Autistic children and young people. Their aim is to provide guidance and training that enables families/carers to build their understanding of the strengths and challenges faced by Autistic children and young people and to develop greater confidence in how to support them.

Find out more information about CLASS+ at: https://1space.eastsussex.gov.uk/Services/4848


i-go is the East Sussex Children and Young People’s Additional Needs Register and free leisure discount card. The card is available for those aged 0-25 with additional needs living or studying in East Sussex. This could include physical, learning, social, emotional, and mental health needs.

Visit i-go at: https://igo.eastsussex.gov.uk/


East Sussex County Council provides advise on what to do if you think your child has autism.


SPECTRUM: Offers advice and guidance -  130 Dorset Road, Bexhill, East Sussex, TN40 2HT     01424 724700

Autism Sussex provides support http://www.autismsussex.org.uk/


Legally, all children aged between five and 16 must receive a full-time education. As a parent, you are responsible for making sure this happens. Good behaviour and attendance are vital if children are to make the most of their educational opportunities.



Dragonflies is a local charity offering support to children, young people and their families who are struggling to cope with the death of someone close to them. They give family members the chance to meet others and share their experience.


Winston's Wish supports families and young people after the death of a parent or sibling



Children can exhibit many different types of challening behaviour for many different reasons. Sometimes, outside agencies become involved both at school and at home so that everyone can work together to meet the needs of the child.


Mental Health

CAMHS (Child and Adolecent Mental Health Service) offer assessments and treatments for children experiencing emotional or mental health difficulties . These might be conditions such as anxiety, ADHD or OCD. Referrals can be made through your school or GP or families can contact direct on http://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk or 01323 446070

Young  Minds is a charity that supports the emotional well-being of children. Their website can be visited at  http://www.youngminds.org.uk/

Family in Crisis

If you feel that a family you know or your own family are in crisis  or you want advice then

SPOA (Single Point of Advice) can be contacted on  01323 464222. There is also an Emergency Duty Team

Hit enter to search