Message sent from:

Special Educational Needs Information

The above report is a statutory obligation as the school is required each year to publish how it meets the needs of our SEN pupils.

Please read the information and make an appointment with the Head of School or SENCO if you wish to discuss your child's needs.

Where can I go for help?

Many of us have times in our lives when we may require a helping hand. Sometimes, this is for the long-term and sometimes, for the short-term. There are many agencies that offer help and that parents can access themselves or through school. We hope that you find the following links useful. Please do not hesitate to come and speak to a member of staff is you need further help for your child or your family.

You can also contact our SEND Governor who is Marie Claire Erith, her email address is: merith@beckleypeasmarshschoolsfederation.co.uk


East Sussex County Council provides advise on what to do if you think your child has autism.


SPECTRUM: Offers advice and guidance -  130 Dorset Road, Bexhill, East Sussex, TN40 2HT     01424 724700

Autism Sussex provides support http://www.autismsussex.org.uk/


On all issues to do with attendance ESBAS (Education Support Behaviour Attendance Service) will provide information for families.


Legally, all children aged between five and 16 must receive a full-time education. As a parent, you are responsible for making sure this happens. Good behaviour and attendance are vital if children are to make the most of their educational opportunities.


Dragonflies is a local charity offering support to children, young people and their families who are struggling to cope with the death of someone close to them. They give family members the chance to meet others and share their experience.


Winston's Wish supports families and young people after the death of a parent or sibling



Children can exhibit many different types of challening behaviour for many different reasons. Sometimes, outside agencies become involved both at school and at home so that everyoen can work together to meet the needs of the child.

ESBAS provide support for families with children exhibiting challenging behaviour. They can be contacted on 01273 480967   or esbas@eastsussex.gov.uk   ot via their website.


Mental Health

CAMHS (Child and Adolecent Mental Health Service) offer assessments and treatments for children experiencing emotional or mental health difficulties . These might be conditions such as anxiety, ADHD or OCD. Referrals can be made through your school or GP or families can contact direct on http://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk or 01323 446070

Young  Minds is a charity that supports the emotional well-being of children. Their website can be visited at  http://www.youngminds.org.uk/

Family in Crisis

If you feel that a family you know or your own family are in crisis  or you want advice then

SPOA (Single Point of Advice) can be contacted on  01323 464222. There is also an Emergency Duty Team



Hit enter to search